Wednesday 3 June 2015

a positive twist

isn't it funny how things turn out?

I did my first proper weekly home blessing in years yesterday.
and was going to write about my long-term 
relationship with flylady...



then last night, the main fuse in our house blew 
just as I was about to serve up dinner.


normally this would bring out my anger or 
frustration as I would have been tripping over 
random objects trying to find a candle or torch.


instead, I was able to comfort little mister J 
when he was panicking, go straight to the locations 
where I store our candles, light a fire in the wood heater, 
serve up dinner and then enjoy a game of cards with 
the kids before tucking them into bed.


even when the power company had fixed the fuse
we decided not to turn anything back on
(with the exception of a quick tidy in the kitchen before bed) 
and I had a candle-lit conversation with the love of my life
snuggled up on the couch in front of the fire.


what would normally have been a disaster
turned out to be a blessing!




i thought wow i have an amazing mother   by ellowyn(<=10 year old vandalism!)

No comments:

Post a Comment