Tuesday 26 May 2015

produce of productivity

due to the beautiful weather we have had this week 
I was coaxed out beyond the front stairs 
(which is the furthest I go most days).

seeing my shiny, clean steps and door
has made me smile every time I venture there.  
It has motivated me to keep going. 

on Sunday I mowed the yard. 
I always forget how much I love mowing. 
the instant gratification is always a winner,
but the lack of interruptions and being
left to my thoughts is an inner bonus.


now returning home is an even more smiley event 
with a tidy lawn and a clean doorstep.
happy happy!

as a result of mowing the grass super-short 
around my little vegetable plot I was motivated 
to continue with my outdoor adventures.
So, on Monday I laid down the new paths of
newspaper and sawdust for my vegie patch.

 returning home from the school drop-off on Tuesday
I noticed that ducking and weaving to avoid the camellia
 branches on the way to the front door was a bit bothersome.


weather was lovely.

crisp and clear.
out came the secateurs and long handled loppers...

I ended up pruning 4 very mature camellia 'bushes',

a mature old, Autumn-flowering rhododendron and a raggedy old greengage. 


inside for a cup of tea and a bite to eat, then out to tidy up.

...or so I thought.
 after putting my tools of mass destruction away I saw
 that my little, neglected, frost-damaged produce-plot 
looked very odd with a nice new path.

so I got to work!


 I dug up the last of the potatoes and okas,
removed my rotting zucchinis and stunted corn, 
turfed the tomatoes, dug over the gorgeous soil and 
transplanted some carrot and lettuce seedlings I had grown.


Hmmmm.... satisfied now?   

a resounding
YES!


No comments:

Post a Comment